Saturday, April 01, 2006

Westway Stable !! :)

Westway stable !! yipee..
ok..I found an advert in Imp Volunteer Centre : a stable hand is needed in Westway Stable, near Latimer Road tube stn, Hammersmith..got very very excited, immediately contactted IVC and asked for Westway's contact details..got the details, called Sarah Tuvey (the owner), she said ok just come anytime..

Went there on Thursday, got a bit lost on the way..turns out it is situated in Westway Sports Centre!!!
underneath the flyover! still amazes me how the hell the horses get used to the noise, mine will go absolutely bonkers there. :)
Met Sarah, v.friendly, showed me ard & introduce all the horses to me :). Met Jane (othe volunteer), Robert (Poland guy, he lives there), Tamara (16 yr old, German?, works there).
Stay there and help mucking out (=cleaning the stables, changing straws, bedding, threw away the soiled & wet bedding etc), groomed the horses, went back home absolutely exhausted! but happy!!
p.s : took 1 hr by bus 295 frm Orient, or 30 min by tube.

Went there again yesterday morning..frm 9-3 pm :) help muck out, groom , clean etc.. (what a workout! basically, my body ached all over, from shoveling all the straws etc..been awhile since i used to do that back in Heather's place in Shrewsbury).
Rode Bonnie! she was FUN! either she went extremely FAST or very SLOW... Sue also rode Rosie (other volunteer).
Oh and the dogs there are extremely hyper active but friendly !! :) hehe..
plus I denoted Paddy as my fave horse now :) and Sparky ..and Tinkie
Spice is so cute, tri-coloureed, but she IS a mare really..all cranky sometime.

Also been to library everytime after I came back from the stable..really help me to concentrate more (after working with the horses) :) !!

Ok, gtg//in library as well now..(might as well call librar my 2nd home these days) ..i've been spending like.4-8 hrs every single day here since holiday started haha..