Saturday, May 27, 2006

Earthquake

I was cooking lunch just now.. when I saw the news on BBC : "Breaking news : 2,782 killed as an earthquake of 6.2 magnitude strikes in Java, Indonesia this morning"
I was like..wht d h*ll?!?
so, after a quick search on the net, found out that this morning (Sun, 27th may)..a massive earthquake strikes in the capital city of middle Java, Yogyakarta.

The worst part hit is the southern part of the city and another area, Bantul, also south of the city.
Called artati, thx god his grandfather is ok (he lived there).
Called my mom to check if none of our family members were hurt or sth..none thankfully. Only my driver's family house were hit by th quake, but none of his famil
Called my friend's sister to check if she's ok (she lives there as well)..luckily she's fine as well..her car broke down in the middle of the city, and she saw a lot of the injured ppl and the collapsed rubbles of the building/houses/etc.

oh dear..