Thursday, June 01, 2006

Glimpse

Hmm..just came back from staff meeting at the cinema.

Gave my resignation letter to Matt today, he knew already bcos I spoke to him a few weeks ago.. It feels kinda weird u know, giving your employer your resignation letter. He said no worries, things like this happens all the time, but well.. me being me, can't help not to feel guilty, even tho I know it's prefectly normal and happens all the time, ppl leaving their job/got a new job/applying for jobs..etc.

but yea..anyway the past 2 months working there has been really an enjoyable exp for me. Plus almost all (say, 95 %) of my colleagues in VUE are truly nice ppl..I think one of the reason why I always wants to do some part-time job/volunteering job is..that it reminds me that well, life is not just about uni/studying/lectures..by working in Concord/VUE/westway stable, somehow it is just an eye-opener for me to see ppl with real life, not tht am saying living as a student is not a real life..but where else can I get to know ppl frm so many different backgrounds, what they do for living, and just how different some of their world are from me and my friends really... also tht most times, 1st impression is totally wrong..as in, totally completely wrong.

Got this one girl, who dressed up looking all gothic, but actually she's learning to b an elementary school teacher..
Another girl, looks like a girl who loves to go clubbing/partying, actually works 8 hrs a day cleaning ppl's houses to earn money so she can study english..
and this last one really surprised me, imagine a big/tall/dark/scary looking security guy...always thot tht he's always been a security guy all his life, actually is doing his a-levels in bio/math/chem and wants to be a pharmacist! (saw him reading his bio notes one day during break..he said he decided to go back to school & get a degree..completely stunned when I heard this really).

really, 1st impression can be very very misleading... :)