Friday, June 09, 2006

Yesterday's

k, this post was suppose 2 b for yesterday ..since blogspot was somehow just doesn't work yesterday :

Bloody HOT today!!

Feels like I’m back home in indo..
Went swimming this morning, took a COLD shower but still feel hot..library = equally hot.. went back, my room was even more boiling HOT! Due to the damn window which can’t b opened more than 15cm…

Anyhow, highlight of the day : 2 hrs waiting time in IC health centre !! got an appointment wit d nurse at 2.20pm..went there ard 2 wit Ninghan. Waited for 2hrs!!!! omg..omg.. but in the end got our jabs, 2 jabs! One on each arm. Now we’re officially (hopefully) protected from Diphteria, Tetanus, Polio (1 jab) & the other jab is for Hepatitis A. Since according to the nurse, these are the jabs required for travelers to Egypt (initially thought we need malaria jabs, but turns out not).
Oh and the jabs were FREE! Yay..not bad. :)

Went back to lib, but the 2hrs waiting time had really ruined my mood to revise. Went for Linstead dinner, thx to ninghn! Called me just at d right time when I was thinking to go sandwich shop. Reminds me of concord meals!! Nostalgic thought for a while there..

Went back home ard 8. Stop by to say hi to ppl in cinema..Elena thought I no longer works there this week, and she looked so sad! I was like.. hey no worry, I’m still working this week, which is my last week working there. Will miss them nxt yr really.

Also decided to do Mandarin-chinese language class for nxt yr! finally..! Initially thinking to take Managerial Econs, but borrowed the Microecons textbook frm lib..and was reading it these few days, decided tht actually that course is much towards the price/maths/economic side ..whilst I’m more interested to do a course abt management skills.
Then I was pondering thr the humanities course list, when it occurs, hey why don’t I take mandarin?? Since I’ve been thinking to study mandarin since a few yrs ago, but just haven’t got the chance to do it. Also I got tired of ppl came up to me and spoke to me in Chinese,assuming I speak Chinese. will b nice if I know wht they’re talking abt! Hehe….

Yesterday finally went horse riding!!Rode Macey (again), she’s now one of my fav!!!
Manage to immediately get her soft in the mouth, round and stretching her back in the warm up..really happy tht she listened well to my aids. Also I keep talking to soothe and calm her down all the time, because there were 6 of us in the arena (6 horses), she was a bit jumpy and excitable. I think talking always really helps to calm a nervous horse.
Her walk and trot was fine , but her canter is always her weakest pace. She went fast, but no power at all from her hindlegs. I know I can’t asked her too much, bcos her back muscle isn’t that well developed yet (she’s only 6 & haven’t been in training for tht long). So Adam told me to alternate bwn sitting and 2-point position in canter. It did help her to built more impulsion in her canter strides if I rode her in 2-point position. Also scratching her neck while cantering really helps to calm her down. Otherwise, just the slightest pressure frm my hand/legs caused her to tense up and anticipate the next movement so much. Need super soft, super steady hand with her. Similar to Kim really.
Felt so satisfied at the end of our lesson tht she really had calmed down and was happily stretching down when I asked her to.
Took her back, untack her, and poor Macey was so thirsty.
Spent sometime wit her, brushing & wipe her down with damp towel. Was thinking to bathe her, but she’s still too hot. So nice spending time wit horses again! After 2 whole weeks not getting in touch wit a horse. When I’m around horses, is the one and only time I can totally, completely forget abt all my problems J hehe..who cares abt Krebs Cycle and purple bacteria when there’re horses around. Lol.

Can’t wait to go back home and see how Bobby & Black Orchid & Argento & Malby were progressing with their training since I trained them last summer. Oh, dad also called and told me tht I was asked to represent South Kalimantan team in the Indo National Games 2008. Which..sadly..I can’t..since the competition will be held in mid-march 2008 which exactly coincides with revising time for my (hopefully) 3rd yr exams. A bit disappointed, also bcos they told me they got good string of promising horses which I can ride in 2008…(actually, was thinking to ride Kim if possible). Shd be so much fun..the last national games were in 2004. Spend 5 weeks with all the team, training & rode our horses every day..slacking and basically did nothing for the rest of the days. Pure bliss. Haha.

Oh..pls exams be over soon!!!... Egypt-planning wit NInghan on Tues, so many things to see there!! Can’t wait!!