Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I wonder why the mass shooting massacre that happened at Virgina Tech University got so much coverage ? Ok, it is bad.. 32 ppl died bcos of one disturbed (mentally?) student from South Korean. The thing that crossed my mind is, will this kind of thing will still get as much coverage and attention from the world if say, it happens in some far away, poor, undeveloped country ? even say, i'm quite sure if it happens in my home country, it wouldn't get the same amount of media attention. Strange. People die every second. Millions (well maybe not millions, but a lot). Because of poverty,diseases etc..or even from group conflicts like it had happened so many times back home.Conflicts between races, religion, political belief.and stuff. And yet, i guess there are just too many people back home so our government got too much going on to handle if a few people dies, so what. That's actually quite true, becos when I was younger I had this habit of always, always read the criminal and murder section in the papers and magazines back home. Everyday (until now) there are lots of people being killed and all, yet it was treated as a normal everyday things. Here, for example, if a guy got stabbed somewhere in, u can right away saw that news make a the headline in the free afternoon papers. And yea, a lot of death in this past week i guess. From the sudden, shocking death of my grandma's younger sister 2 days ago which left us shocked, and also my aunt's father in law passed away on the same day. I may not be close to both of them, but just what a bad coincidence.