Friday, May 25, 2007

Freedom of an allele

You know what, i really like it when i can just pick up my phone and call someone..just simply to talk or to say hi. Its great. Because sometimes you just feel like calling even though you have nothing important to say :) by the way, it seems like its going to start raining again next week. *stupid london weather, why cant it just stays sunnt. on the other hand, im quite satisfied of the progress im making myself this 2 days. I finished all the horrendous lab reports!!! with the exception of the population simulation and one more UV radiation thingy which we havent yet completed. Im truly staring at the population simulation results just now in horror, because in my brain i simply cant get the big picture of 'whats-the-point-of-this-experiment' thing which is bad. I forced myself to read the few textbooks about population and biometrics, falling asleep and yet still remain utterly confused about the theory. I mean from my point of view, seriously biometrics and population theories are just..well just theories right? because you really really have no control whatsoever in what an allele is about to be doing. It can jump here and there, free as a bird. We, humans, are just trying to feel smart by assuming we can predict whats going to happen. or maybe im just being sarcastic because i still cant understand this bloody practical. sigh*