Sunday, June 03, 2007

Our first show and some thoughts of the future i guess

Pic of me and Loki in our first ever competition last weekend! it was in Trent Park, ran by Holly hill Riding Club. Nikki was giving me jump lessons on him twice last week, when she finally said why dont i take him to competitions. I was like, sure yay. So there we go, i was surprised to find how agile a jumper he is really. Considering he is always been not strong in canter, but he did enjoyed jumping a lot as i can tell. I entered him in the novice class with tiny jumps in it, nothing much big and too difficult. He loved it!! we jumped the whole course super perfectly, it was one of those rounds which can make you smile all the way. Perfect rhytm, perfect timing and distance for each and every single fence :) heavenly bliss. We were one as we jumped through the course. Perfect. The only remaining problem i have with him is NOT in the arena, but in the WARM UP..because he kept showing off and whinnying to other mares around. It was quite hellish, in the end i decided to warm up by ourselves in the outdoor arena due to the increasing worry that he might end up kicking one of the small kids on the ponies. It would have been alright if it was a sunny day, but that day was rainy and wet and windy. So well..yeah not very fun as i was freezing to death whilst warming him up. Overall, it was an enjoyable monday morning. I would honestly said i truly miss competing back home where i knew every single person and evey single horse competing.. here i only knew very few riders, but i did make a few new friends that day as well. They recognised Loki and we started talking about horses, so not bad at all.
What other things happened last week...oh yea after weeks of dread and hardwork and late nights, i finished and submitted my genetics reports and essays and stuff. I would say that this is the single most busiest course ive ever done in my 2 years in imperial so far. Now i know what other people said when they say they have LOTS of courswork to do. Went to see Artati's art exhibition too in her school, plus well..nothing much except staying home and revise. I really want to go home now since everyone is going back soon! ah. 8 more weeks.. im sure time will fly and a summer here might also be my last. No idea what im gonna do next year. The mere thought of a final year makes me even more confused as what to do after this degree ends. Do master? seems like everyone is suggesting that..thats what my initial plan is but now ive been having second thoughts about it. Do phD? no way..im not that keen a student to do that much more amount of studying really. Work? err yeah sure.but in what. I've always prided myself of not wanting to be the same like other people, but lately there's a change in me who wanted to be the same like what other people did..graduate, find a job, get married and live peacefully. Always thought that i wanted to do fieldwork, not office work, but now i think maybe office work also not bad. I dont know, im being very indecisive nowadays. In my mind, i see my future as a big question mark. can i just fly and follow where the wind blows?