Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Time and again

I feel like slowing my pace down when walking these days. I mean, like literally.. walk with slower pace. Wanna know why? becos I feel like I was being rushed everywhere, everytime. It doesn't help that London IS a fast-paced place. Slow down then you get carried away with the flow. It sucks isn't it, when sometime all I wanted to do is just to slow down a bit. Going to St Andrew makes me realise that I do miss the slower pace of living in Shrewsbury. It's strange isn't it, because I am a complete city girl. I was born and bred in Jakarta. For 16 years I lived in a city in which getting from one place to another can take as fast as 10 minutes with good traffic or as slow as 2 hours during the rush hour. It was a city which is not only fast, but also messy in every sense. Messy buildings, messy traffic, messy houses. Yet, I do not feel stressed.. well, I did of course sometime. but then again my school life back then was so relaxing.. good grades can be achieved with minimal amount of work. School was for socializing. For making friends. Playing basketball. Student organisations. School events. Basketball tournaments. Beside school, my other main activity was riding my horses. Riding lessons. Training camps. Overseas competitions. Hanging out with horsy people in horsy competitions. Spending weekends in the stable and weekdays in school. That's about it. yet..living amidst the heart of messy J-town did not feel as rushed as living in London. Its strange isn't. In addition, I have much more free time on my hands these past three years but then again I feel like I never have enough time. Ahh.. time, i really have to manipulate you and not the other way around.