Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Getting back the missing me

Went riding this morning, yay :)
Strange, if I dont ride for a while it feels like I'm not completely me. So goodie, now the missing-me is complete again.
I was reminiscing whilst riding Loki this morning (since he will be gone very soon), been riding him for 1.5 years now. Pretty long. He reminds me a lot of this pony I used to ride years ago, called Boy. He's not mine, he belongs to the riding school where i used to ride back home. They are both bay, cheeky, mischievieous (mischief? sorry not sure how to spell), but both have the biggest heart and are honest to bits. I remembered with Boy, when we jump its literally like he can read my mind. The feel when we were in a jump off, with turning on the air and flew over one jump to another was unforgettable. He WILL jump anything you pointed him at. I used to lead him around, like a dog, my mum used to said. After riding, I will bathe him then lead him to the car park to where mum parked our car, gave him carrots, then lead him up again to the tack room..literally around the yard. He's not the most obedient pony so i can recall countless times when he decided to just bugger off and left me holding the lead rope, whilst he trotted away, free with his head held up high in the air, tail raised, looking all high and mighty. Loki is similar. He's not mean, but he CAN and WILL test you at the beginnings, and at times when you least expected it. but he's honest, and will give it all if you asked him to. The only bit is that he's quite a wimp actually lol, he hates having his feet get wet, and will stare with both ears pointed forward towards whatever thing coming our way during the hack.
Anyway, main point : glad to be riding this morning!!! now im in school waiting for my aphids to grow.. ... ..