Monday, June 09, 2008

Bye opa, we'll miss you

I just came back from the shortest ever trip back home
Opa passed away on Friday 6th june morning
thus I flew back home friday night and reach jakarta saturday 7th june night
I came back here to london today (monday 9th june)
Dian and Novi picked me up which was a really nice surprise as i was only expecting wasudi to pick me up because everyone were busy at the funeral home. I was even thinking to ask yaya to pick me up but decided not to.
The rest of saturday and sunday passed by in a blur which involved spending most of our time at the funeral home, went home briefly back for sleep then back to the funeral home again.
The funeral itself took place on Sunday. The spot we picked for opa was a nice, pretty hillside cemetary facing a small, albeit artificial lake, but it is pretty.
I am glad i decided to flew back home and be there for my family, as i've missed angkong's funeral 2 months ago. I realised in times like these, family will always be there for you. I love my family :)
And also a few of my dear friends who spare their time to drop by even though it was really late at night and i told them last minute that opa passed away. Lydia, dian, novi, yaya,inka,tephi, dwi, apin, andris, ebo ..thanks :)
and i hope oma will be okay, at least now she still got her sisters there for these few days.