Monday, July 14, 2008

Graduate//DIVEEE!!!!

Wah i havent blog for quite long!!!
ok updates for you who are interested to know whts going on with me these days...
1. i've GRADUATED!! wheeeeee...yeah me :) :) though its still unofficial but i got a 2.1 BSc Biology from Imperial College :) yayy cos for a while i was really damn scared and thought i might end up with a 2.2
2. Im at homee atm! so yeah ppl dont contact me to my UK number, instead go to my indo number (ive always used the same number)..will be here until mid Sept !
3. I had 4 dives yesterdayyy!!! and i saw sea turtless!! and we caught, yeah CAUGHT a 15-kg tuna !!
Ok i will elaborate more abt the dive cos it really was wonderful. Lets start from the beginning, I flew home to Jakarta from London 1 week ago, then immediately flew to Makassar (South Sulawesi) to attend the 100th-day memorial of my grandpa from my father's side. Met lots of family, endless foods (yummy ones!), then as we stayed for about a week in Makassar..we decided to go for a 2-days trip to Kapoposang Island. Makassar is a port city so yeah access to islands and dive sites are plenty and easy. Kapoposang island is quite far out, but we borrowed om Freddy's speedboat and managed to get there in abt 2hrs time. About 15 of us went there.. soo... yeah went diving there!!! Managed to borrow the dive equipments last minute from Nadia, then 5 of us dive together. 2 dives on the 1st day and another 2 on the second day. I must say, during the first dive I was really quite nervous as i was still trying to patch together wht i remembered Gerben taught me during Opwall which was 2 yrs ago! plus the 4 other ppl who dive wt me are all seasoned divers, who practically live to dive like wht me to horse riding is... so they're all like, just telling me to chill and relax... dont worry to much and just remember to equalise often as we go down. So yeap off we go, and guess what in my first dive we go down to 25 m as the deepest!! so cool :)!!! the dive sites are all cliffs ... with bottomless drop but gorgeous reefs and similar colourful fishes as Egypt. Then by the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dive i feel more confident as things i learnt came back pretty quickly once you actually dive again. Oh we went down to 35 m at one point!! so cool!! but it doesnt really feel like 35 m tho, i only realised it as i checked my depth gauge thingy. Om Philly caught a 15 kg tuna fish!! ok these 2 guys, om Philly and Ian..carried a ..umm spear-gun?.. to shoot at a big fish or whatever edible fish..so its like fishing whilst diving ;p
(Not actually the safest as it does attract sharks sometime they told me.. cos the fish they caught will be all bloody..so once you caught and kill the fish, then quickly go up and surface)
ps : ninghan i miss you my eternal dive buddy!!! come here to indo quickk!! alex you too haha
We sliced up the tuna and actually had sashimi for dinner!!! hohoho... a plate of super freshhh sashimi slices... which wouldve cost a fortune in restaurants, esp in london haha
Then 2nd day same thing.. we saw like 3 sea turtles during the dive. Sadly didnt see any shark even tho one of the area we dive is quite famous for sharks.. its called 'Shark Point' afterall.
Andd yeapp i got back my tan also!! hahaha.. i feel so pale in london..
Now im back in jakarta now, hv to prepare for 40day memorial for my other grandpa tmr.. and sort out bits and pieces. Also visit my horses in Bandung! Kim and Chief won gold medals for the team in Indo National Games which just ended last week!! i feel so damn proud of them..and of James, Ferry, Meky and Steven who rode, trained and took care of them. Then Kim also won the individual silver..but wht makes me even prouder is tht Chief is the only horse who got a double clear round in the team final..! Good old Chief.. :):):) am a proud mommy!!