Friday, December 08, 2006

Strand

I just got back home from riding club xmas dinner..its at Zizzi, in Strand. It was a good dinner =) ..esp the appetizer, which was bruschetta with some goat cheese & chicken stuff. Nice :) Abt 40 of us were there, which was really quite a lot. It was with some ppl from ULU Polo Club as well (since we started playing polo with them this yr).. I've hardly been to Strand area at all..turns out it was quite nice at night, with lots of restaurants and stuff.

I never actually notice if I'm asian nowadays, but tonight i did realise tht beside me, there's only 1 asian guy in the table (but he's canadian). Thats a bit funny though, cos I think a few of the polo club ppl..which i never met before..actually kind of give me a sort of funny look..cos due to Sam's idea (its quite funny actually..we all sat in one long row..then the ppl frm polo club sat in front of us..so we can get to know each other better). There's this girl from the polo club, who asked Laura, like..who is the best rider in imperial..then Laura just pointed to me..and i can see frm her expression tht she was so surprised. She was like, oh so you've been riding a long time then etc...she thought i was a beginner rider at first. I quite enjoyed it actually hehe. =)Thats why in horsy world over here, sometimes i do feel so asian..cos theres really NO asian ppl working in the stable etc..but the good thing is, once they know that I know what i'm doing and i'm good at it, then they'll be fine. Like back in Shrewsbury, when i volunteered to help out at competitions, i'm always the one and only asian as well. Nowadays i alrd get used to it. Also wht i really love abt horsy ppl, is tht even tho u just meet..then we can just talk n talk n talk abt horses endlessly..i cant really remember the names of the new ppl i just met tonite, but we managed to talk all the way thro a 3-course-dinner abt horses and horses and more horses...
Its amazing...had a good time =) and also feel really2 sleepy now cos i ate so much.

I think my alcohol tolerance level really decrease a lot nowadays..i was a bit high just after 1/2 a glass of wine. Really really bad..usually i can drink a lot more compared to my friends.. hmm. Might b cos i havent drink a lot lately. Really quite worrying, cos usually i'm always the one left quite sober and ended up taking care of others.

Only one week (less than one week actually) of school left..then its xmas hols! i really make myself to start revising properly 2-3 days ago..and now i actually felt stressed. I really shd make a effort to call my parents tmr.. been planning to call them for the last 4 days, but havent got around to actually make that call. Sometimes i feel like being here for too long, makes me forget my origin (or some sort)..jakarta feels soo far away..like my life before i came here never existed..its like a vague memory in the very back of my mind. Its quite bad.

All I want for Christmas is You & Christmas is All Around are currently on my playlist =) I love xmas songs!