Monday, January 01, 2007

The first day in 2007

Before leaving to artati's
The girls

The guys

Us :)
I love my friends. Really and truly do. Yesterday we all went to artati's for new year's eve celebration.. almost all of us were there except for hank,ritch,sil,and pang. Played this game which will gave you mild electric shock..and did all the usual things we all always do everytime we get together. It was a good, comfy night in..Next yr we definitely have to go to watch the fireworks! initally we planned to go ..in the end cant b bothered, and just watched in from tv. Went back home around 6 in the morning and had a really productive day revising today:) I don't know why, but yeah..since yesterday, all day i've been thinking about how much i love all of them and how truly thankful I am for their presence in my life. I always do love my friends (of course, who doesnt), but it just never really occurs to me how much i really appreciate them. They are my family here. I can truly guarantee, i will never survive this long here without them. Now i know why i felt like i miss concord so much nowadays, its not concord that i miss. Its them that i truly miss. Now even though we do not see each other often, sometime even for weeks as we're all in different uni and even live in different cities..but everytime we get together, it feels like a family gathering. I know i can count on them, for truly anything. Its true though, how friends came and go. Sometimes you cant help it if you grew apart with some friends, as you each now have your own path to live..and there are a precious few who will always be there. And i know sometimes i took them for granted, which i shouldn't. I just cant say it enough, but i really honestly love you all so very much :) You dont know how much you all means to me. thanks my dear friends.


2007 is now here. I don't have any new year resolution, because i just never makes any :) I dont believe in making new year resolutions, because i believe that anyone can start afresh anytime if they really want. It doesnt have to be new year. And new year..hmm its just a marking of when the earth finish circling the sun. It is nothing majorly a big deal..earth has been doing it for millions of years. Humans are the one who start celebrating new year. Plants and animals didnt. Nature marks their time through the changing seasons. Well..but anyway back to new year..today i was flipping back through my 2006 journal, it was actually a pretty good year. It didn't start off very well, but it gets better in the end. Found a part time job. Passed my first year. Had a super great summer. This year living in our own flat and sorting out everything by ourselves. and lots of other small bits and pieces, good and bad things. Nothing majorly special..and nothing terribly bad as well. I had learnt to let go and forgive.. I think as the year passes by, i dont exactly grow to bcome a better person. I dont think i ever will..This doesnt mean that i've grown to become a worse person..but i think you don't actually define yourself a good/bad person..It is already in yourself. Everyone will have their own good and bad characters. You cannot change it, but you can choose which one you wants to display. This year I learnt about myself more. Now i try to step back and take a breather when i have to..because i know me and i know i need friends to remind me not to overwork, otherwise sometimes i just dont know when to stop. Also that being a bit selfish sometimes is completely ok. :) basically, i grew to love myself more and accept who i am.


Ok im gonna go sleep now.. seriously needs it. Watched 'Pretty in Pink' just now..got a quote from Andie (Molly Ringwald) "I cannot believe in anyone who did not belive in myself" ..and also from Duckie "I am not afraid to face the future, because it will happen anyway".