Monday, February 05, 2007

My 21st

21st!

My dearly beloved flatmate :)




I truly love my friends.. :) thanks guys.
Usually birthday celebration is the last thing on my mind, but this year at the spur of the moment i decided to celebrate my birthday. And im really really glad that i did. The reason being was that i feel thankful for all my friends and i want to celebrate that. The last time i ever celebrated my birthday was when i was...still in primary school i think, cant even remember it now. Indeed, the 2nd of February this year was a very good day for me. From the lunch treat with meiting :) then the celebration at my flat later on at night. I had really enjoyed it. Its been awhile since we all gather together again. Due to work, i admitted i had been kind of abandon my friends, which i really hated to do so. Most of the people i really cared about were there that night. It was quite funny in the end when irma and i had a bit too much to drink..and i remembered chasing manda and artati around. hehee... :) Then the morning after we went to Shrewsbury (amazingly, i did manage to wake up! thx ninghan and wilson for e wake up call. It was a good trip :) I was very very glad to met Mr.Morris by coincidence when we were sitting in the park. It was such an unexpected surprise, and also he still remembered me. Amazing. He was one of the best ever principal i ever had. I really admired his charisma and spirit to when he was still concord's principal. I was happy to see Heather as well, and all the dogs and horses. Murphy died sadly 3 weeks ago, but Liffey now had a new friend, Voltan. Watching the dogs play around were really enough to entertain me. I forget how quiet it was in the countryside, that night i had one of the best sleep i ever had in these past few weeks. The next morning was frosty and sunny. It was very refreshing indeed. We did not do anything much, because of the fact that there really is nothing to do. Took long walks around shrewsbury, walk to concord as well. The air was so crisp and clean. In concord, some things had changed. Met irma's and sil's sisters.Went to see the new accomodation blocks. Nade still remembered me! also Mr.Lion. I knew my time there had ended a long time ago, but it was nice in a way that i had really good memories there. So today when i walked around the familiar paths around the college, it puts a smile on my face as i recalled all the things that we had experienced there. Time seemed to pass much slower as well. It feels good just to take deep breaths of fresh air, walked with wide open fields all around you.. liberated for awhile from internet and mobile phones and london. I love london though, its just it can be suffocating sometimes. Especially these past week had been really tiring both physically and mentally for me. So getting out of it all for a short while was really refreshing.
When i came back today, i realised that irma and hazwan had tidied up our flat, had dinner ready for me...and as i was sitting my bed,reading all the birthday cards and presents that i received the day before, again i was struck by how lucky i am to have such wonderful friends.
I love you all my dear friends, really sincerely do :)