Sunday, July 15, 2007

The summer(s)

Exactly one year ago I was in Egypt. Can't believe its been one whole year since that time. I was watching a movie which had this shooting star scene just now, which reminded me of the times we all laid down on our backs and just watched endless shooting stars every night..after having had a full meal, complemented with mint tea (figured out i can only drank 2 cups max otherwise no sleep for me) and the occasional chance of shisha. I can still remember those moments as cleary as it was only yesterday in my head. Wonderful country, great company :) Its funny how these days, i seem to mark each year by the summer..since its always summertime when things will happen, new places to travel to, friends and family to visit and many more. Last summer was Egypt, which was by far one of the best summer i've ever had, it was so good that i can even classify it as 'those' kind of experience which is once in a lifetime only. Summer two years ago was when I had my first taste of being in a real relationship, which was difficult to sum up in words but in a way had formed me to be the person i am now. It was also the summer i learnt that even someone you thought you knew so well, can never fail to surprise you. I can't recall the summers before that.. but somehow, summertime is always the benchmark for the year for me. So far, this year's summer had been, how i must say..makes me more comfortable to be me. I spent a lot of time in my own company these days, which strangely made me know myself better. I realised most of the times i worry about other people too much, i neglected myself. Catching up with yourself is a good thing :)