Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oddities

Today as I was sipping tea whilst going through the japan photos from the trip i went with inka last year, Irma came to my room and told me an unimportant piece of news in which actually is of great interest to me. yeah i know i am being extremely vague in here but if you are interested in what i am trying to say, the only clue i can give you is that the news is related to abnon kep seribu'08. Okay, irma got a friend whose boyfriend won the thing, so when irma was browsing through her friend's fb page, she came across a photo of this particular someone who is also happens to be one of the competitor. The fact that this someone, lets call him/her x, is a competitor gave me a little surprise, say maybe ranked 1-10...this is a surprise ranked 5. Then I googled the news again, and it just happens that a senior of mine is also a participant in that thing.. so this second surprise ranked like, 7 for me.

I think my post make no sense at all, probably only irma and me who will understand this particular post. however, the thing I want to emphasise here is the fact that it looks like the link will always exist. but not the link i cared about, it is the existence of it. even when we did not try to create it, it just formed. to put it in the most blatant way. Links that are going to be always there because it is there in the first place. Yet how i love the links, but at the same time i wished the links can just dissapear.

Links will create existence
Existence will be a constant reminder
Reminder will cause you to be unable to forget things that you wanted to
Can it be because it is not meant to be forgotten?
but then again, what are we supposed to do with things that you are not supposed to not forget, but does not want to forget?

Is forgetting really the only way out?