Wednesday, December 23, 2009

White Christmas in East Didsbury




I'm in Manchester at the moment, in East Didsbury to be exact. Staying here for one-week plus with Thia, her aunt and uncle, and two cousins. It feels nice ! like I am having three siblings at the moment now hehe.. Thia's two younger cousins (Cici and Atom) are both currently studying in Concord too. Both in their first year there. We swapped stories - and apparently now Concord has internet in each of their own rooms! (when I was there 4.5 years ago, we had no internet in our rooms, but we survived though lol).

It was snowing a lot when I arrived here three days ago, luckily my train made it through from London! I kept checking the train schedule in the morning cos I was so worried they will suspend the train or something....since the Southern trains were all cancelled that day (thankfully I'm heading North West. Manchester is up North from London, about 2 hrs train ride). Thia and Aunt picked me up from the train station, then off we go to Tesco to buy food... oh we bought like a humongous turkey, and five duck breast slices. Those were all for xmas day, as we'll have an open house and people can just come and eat. Mostly will be students (Thia's uncle is a researcher in Manchester Uni).

We had a relaxing day just chilling at home that day..cooking and staying in in the house. Then yesterday we went to town, to do a bit of Christmas shopping and getting last minute stuff. Went back home with a bucket of KFC lol - which was our dinner yesterday. Oh and we made our first snowman this winter too!! dressed it up with Thia's red scarf...
looks like we will finally have a white Christmas this year :):)!