Sunday, January 17, 2010

Final packing day of 222 Drake House

BIG thanks to everyone who helps us today to move out from our beloved 222 Drake House ;)
Astari, Anthony, Carina, Yaya, Alex, Kevin, Aga and Harun (especially Astari who has helped us since Day 1 on Thursday!!). Me, Irma, Mira and Astari have been packing non-stop since Thursday. So make it four full days of packing. As today (Sunday) we finally moved all the stuff out! Will miss our packing moments.. Irma and Mira's 'fighting', Astari's neatness in tidying up stuff, Irma and her vacuum packs. Irma and the one-handed glove & the Haloween black candy thingy. I'll miss all of it!!!!!!! Us tripping over bags and suitcases and luggages and boxes.. (No I am not exaggerating- it's true, it IS that full in our flat). The four days passed by in a blur, as packing/eating/sleeping/packing became our continuous habit. Me and Mira packed our own stuff, Astari helped Irma pack.. then me continued to pack kitchen, Mira general tidying up and bathroom. We slept at random hours, woke up, then continue packing again. Haven't really had a proper sleep in four days! but it was indeed memorable.

Today the van came at 12pm. We moved my stuff first into Astari & Yaya's place, then the second stop were to Harun's flat in Covent Garden. Afterwards then we had dimsum in China town..then ends the day with Bubble Tea in Candy Cafe with Dewi :)
Happy!

I was walking towards London Eye, Waterloo from China town earlier- just enjoying lovely London. The weather was especially nice today. It was still chilly, but it did not rain. Was crossing the Tower Bridge, warm and snug in my winter coat, and feeling happy from a smooth day (Thank God) of moving out...looking across the river at the brightly lit London Eye :) I'll miss London dearly, and I am glad I have had the chance to live here for about more than four years now. It will always be one of the place I will think of as home.